Sunday, January 24

No Longer M. I. A.

This blog began in January of last year when I vowed to start what was to be be my final weight loss journey. I was certain this time I would have the determination to see myself to goal..whatever that may end up being and stay there. I would get the weight off and keep it off permanently.

The year started off really well and by mid July I had lost 43lbs! I was very near half-way to goal. Then, I lost steam, willpower, determination etc. I soon started skipping weigh ins and all but abandoned this blog which I had also been adamant would not end up being one of those blogs/websites that starts off with loads of enthusiasm and progress only to lose steam and wind up being one of those found in searches that hasn’t been updated in eons. Poor little orphaned weight loss sites. I didn’t/don’t want mine to be like that! I also don’t want to be afraid of saying what I weigh or what I’ve lost. I had every intention of using the picture of my starting weight as the header picture for this blog last year and then post each scale picture as proof of my success, or lack thereof, each and every week. I was diligent about taking the pictures but never posted them and when success eluded me for more and more weeks in a row I stopped taking the weekly scale pictures. I need to begin that again.

This time will be different. I resolve to weigh every week no matter the results and post them here. I have to be accountable when the times are tough not just when I have success.

I have to take my before pics this week. I really appreciated being able to visualize the success before and have considered a slightly more drastic approach this time. More on that later.

Here’s to 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and encouragment are appreciated!